Revised and updated two-day course. Includes guidance on all forms of contraception including the vaginal ring, all three methods of emergency contraception, and undertaking pill checks.
12 CPD hours (structured and interactive continuing professional development).
Our next open course starts in March 2018 in London. Book your place now on the training pages of our website using a debit or credit card or via PayPal.
This course is for professionals who wish to gain an understanding of contraception and the skills needed to communicate about it.
The course provides detailed information about all forms of contraception and is particularly useful for youth workers, teachers, outreach workers and nurses, midwives and health visitors who have not had in-depth training about contraceptive methods.
Please note that this course is not the FSRH Diploma (Diplomate Assessment of the Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare) and does not meet the criteria for their Letter of Competence in Intrauterine Techniques (LoC IUT) nor the Letter of Competence in Subdermal Contraceptive Implant Techniques (LoC SDI).
To enable participants to support clients in their contraceptive decision-making using up-to-date information.
- Gain knowledge about the full range of contraceptive methods currently available.
- Be able to raise the issue of contraception and communicate more confidently in response to questions that may be asked.
- Understand the factors that may influence contraceptive decision-making in the lives and relationships of clients.
- Review the way in which own environment or service supports clients in making contraceptive choices.
- Know what resources can be used to support work with clients.
Number of days
The FPA Contraceptive display kit may also be of interest
Get this course on request
We'll deliver this course at a date and venue to suit you. Call 020 7608 5277 to discuss your team's requirements or fill in the form below and we'll get back to you.
- £1,795 plus trainer expenses.
- Maximum of 12 participants.