We offer training and consultancy throughout Ireland, North and South, on a range of sexuality and sexual health themes, including:
- sexually transmitted infections
- sexual expression, sexual orientation and sexual identity
- personal and sexual relationships
- people with disability, sexuality and personal relationships
- equality agenda, Section 75 standards in relation to sexuality and sexual health, and individual roles and the working environment
- young people, citizenship and sexual health
- development of policy, guidelines and standards of practice in sexuality, sexual health and personal relationships for health and care providers, youth, and community and schools
- communication between parents and young people on sexuality and sexual health.
Our made to measure and multi-disciplinary courses are delivered by experts and draw on our years of knowledge and experience gained delivering sexual health and relationships work in the community
Made to measure
If you would like sexual health and sexuality training based on your agency’s needs, we can offer a made to measure service. This enables your organisation to benefit in-house from FPA training. It also gives you the opportunity to contribute to the development, design and content of the course based on: your organisation’s unique requirements; your staff team; and the client group and community with whom you work. It may also be a more cost-effective method of training your staff team.
FPA trainers in Northern Ireland
FPA trainers in Northern Ireland are all currently employed by FPA or have been employed by FPA as community education facilitators and trainers. We provide them with on-going training, supervision and support by the organisation and they are expected to work to FPA policy, protocols and practice.
FPA in Northern Ireland regularly runs courses open to anyone working in the area of sexuality, sexual health, sex education and personal relationships. These courses run in various venues throughout Ireland, North and South. Topics and themes may change each new training year and are designed to reflect current themes in sexual health and the work of FPA.
Course topics may include
- Unplanned pregnancy and abortion support work.
- 'Choices' – sexual health and young women.
- 'Bout Ye’ – sexual health and young men.
- Chance to choose: sexuality and disability.
- Speakeasy: parents and sex education.
- Sexuality and policy making.
- Sex education and policy making.
We offer consultancy for the development of policy, guidelines and standards of practice covering sexuality, sexual health, and personal and sexual relationships in a range of settings, including:
- youth and community
- service provision for adults with physical and learning disability
We also provide facilitation for meetings, workshops and seminars. All consultancy staff are employees of FPA in Northern Ireland with access to the resources of FPA offices throughout the UK. This enables FPA in Northern Ireland to combine its knowledge and awareness of local culture and communities with wider UK current thinking, to support its training and consultancy work.
Further information about FPA training services in Ireland, North and South
24–31 Shaftesbury Square
Belfast BT2 7DB
Tel: 028 90 316 100
Email: [email protected]