NEW! Great Relationships and Sex Education, 200+ Activities
200+ Activities for Educators Working with Young People, 1st Edition
By Alice Hoyle and Ester McGeeney
Published by Routledge
An innovative and accessible guide for educators who work with young people to create and deliver Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) programmes.
Developed by leading RSE experts, it's filled with creative activities and session ideas that can be used by experienced RSE educators and those new to RSE.
Drawing on best practice and up-to-date research from around the world, Great RSE provides fun, challenging and critical ways to address key contemporary issues and debates in RSE.
With over 200 activities to choose from, it's an essential resource for teachers, school nurses, youth workers, sexual health practitioners and anyone delivering RSE to young people aged 11–25.
About the activity ideas
- Organised around key areas of learning: Relationships, Gender and Sexual Equality, Bodies, Sex and Sexual Health.
- Activities on consent, pleasure, friendships, assertiveness, contraception, fertility and more.
- All activities are LGBT+ inclusive and designed to encourage critical thinking and consideration of how digital technologies play out in young people’s relationships and sexual lives.
The book offers:
- Session ideas that can be adapted to support you to be creative and innovative in your approach and that allow you to respond to the needs of the young people that you work with.
- Learning aims, time needed for delivery, suggested age groups to work with and instructions on how to deliver each activity, as well as helpful tips and key points for educators to consider in each chapter.
- Activities to help create safe and inclusive spaces for delivering RSE and involve young people in curriculum design.
- A chapter on ‘concluding the learning’ with ideas on how to involve young people in evaluating and reflecting on the curriculum and assessing their learning.
- A list of recommended resources, websites, online training courses and links providing further information about RSE.